Sunday, April 22, 2007

Creationist Humor?

Emmanuel Goldstein commenting on my last post said:

"We know you despise all religion.Catholics, Jews, whatever.Its what atheists do. But pretending that you are just promoting science when you are using science as a front to promote your own anti religious agenda is a huge deception.
4:43 AM"


Mr. Goldstein is associated with a wonderfully imaginative Creationist site at http://www.thebrites.org/ which features the "The Biological Research Institute for Theoretical Evolution Studies"; "The Paley Watch Company "which claims to use natural selection to assemble watches; and my favorite-"Mutation Paste" which accelerates evolution. There is also Darwin Camp where today's Darwin Youth can "live and learn natural selection. "

Great fun and a great teaching moment about the misunderstandings many people have about evolution. Even the name, by the way, is a clever take on an organisation called "The Brights" which is indeed Atheistic in slant. Visit them at http://www.the-brights.net/.

Technorati Tags:


2 comments:

Jon Voisey said...

You haven't banned that troll yet? His comments are deleted from my blog as soon as I see them posted.

But given how much time I spend slaughtering puppies according to him, it sometimes takes awhile.

Paul D. said...

I have never banned a person. In fact I can only think of one comment I have refused and that was clearly spam.

Sometimes I get people who get upset because I moderate my comments, as if they have some god given right to post on my blog. I figure if they so badly need instant gratification then I don't need their comments.